Does any of this sound familiar?
So you have a son or daughter who is a student and sometimes you’re not sure they’re on top of things, and not sure how to help? They:
- seem unsure of what homework needs to be completed and when it is due
- they are struggling with getting the marks they are capable of in tests or exams
- seem overwhelmed and not sure where to start?
- struggle with time and the management of a student planner/diary
- works late until the night before in order to complete a task
- sometimes or regularly miss project deadlines
- are irritable, snappy and stressed or quiet and withdrawn
- have a cluttered and disorganised desk or bedroom
- have a school bag or locker full of ‘stuff’, the contents of which is largely unknown to them or anyone else.
There is a solution!
The Student Success Program
This approach is tailored individually and the outcomes are based on a student’s own learning requirements. This detailed student success plan includes recommendations and focuses on the following 10 key areas for the student to follow:
- goal setting
- mindset & motivation
- personal space
- study space
- locker & backpack organisation
- paper & electronic management of school work and materials
- planning/calendar – routines
- time management & tracking
- homework strategies
- study skills – understanding the study cycle, note taking, revision and preparing for tests and exams
This program is available to for all students including those with special needs and learning difficulties such as ADHD, Asperger’s and Autism.
Key outcomes of the program include:
- a list of goals allowing students to have a clear understanding of what they want to change to improve their academic success
- being more organised and motivated with better systems and processes in place to maximise their success
- being more effective using time – therefore able to achieve their homework and study deadlines without stress
- having organised systems to support their everyday learning and organisation
- a space that works for them to maximise comfort and success
- being more organised with effective notes and study strategies.
What your child can expect from this program:
- more likely to succeed at school and in life
- being happier and more confident
- greater motivation and being more in control of their time
- experiences less stress and anxiety, and feels less overwhelmed.
Why 8 weeks?
The weekly sessions allow the student to stay focused on their goals and achieve the change required to meet those goals. These sessions are also an opportunity for the student to share concerns and struggles as well as learn strategies to assist them in a supportive and non judgemental environment.
Are you ready to take the next step?
If you & your child are ready to take the next step in getting more organised and maximising their potential, please get in touch for a complimentary chat and to learn more on how I can support you and your child with this program or another alternative solution:email me or call 0409 967 166.
For a copy of a flyer on this program please click on the flyer image or words below: